Each year, Edmonton Suzuki Piano hosts the Fall Workshop, our largest Suzuki piano event of the year!
But when your teacher encourages you to register, do you know what to expect?
Take a look at some of the events that you and your student are signing up for:
Master Classes: Students will be placed in small groups of 2-5 with one of our visiting teachers. Each child will perform their piece and receive a short lesson.
Students and parents can observe the other lessons during the sessions. Each master class typically lasts about 55 minutes.
Enrichment Classes: A perennial favourite, instructor Zach Smith will lead students in an interactive and energetic percussion session.
Parent Talk: Guest Teacher Nicole Wilton will speak about roadblocks and overcoming obstacles at practice time at 1:00 each day for parents. Child minding is available for those who need it.
Honours Concert: Held over the lunch hour at 12:15, the Honours Concert celebrates the accomplishments of ESPS students and feature some special performances. Each day, students will perform musical selections from both Suzuki repertoire and contemporary pieces.
Take advantage of the Fall Workshop!
1. Attend your child’s entire Master Class and Enrichment Class.
2. Participate in Nicole Wilton’s Parent Talk at 1:00 PM on the Gym stage.
3. Be inspired by the student performances at the noon-hour Honours Concerts held each day.
4. Grab a cup of coffee and swap practice ideas with other parents in our Family Room.
5. Stop in and listen to a friend’s Master Class.
6. Be motivated, inspired, and have fun!