Try some of these tools and resources to help with effective note-taking during lessons and ensuring that home practicing is dynamic and engaging for students.
- Caring for Your Piano
- Great Practice Ideas!
- More Great Practice Ideas!
- Even More Great Practice Ideas!
- Get Ready for Graduation!
- Preparing Your Child for a Successful Lesson
- Build Your Own Footstool
ESPS Tools and Practice Resources
- Beginner Lesson Notes
- Lesson Notes – Practice Binder
- Advanced Lesson Notes
- Practice Achievement Chart
- Repetition Chart
- Repetition X10 Chart
- Self-Assessment Chart
- Nancy’s Book 1 Lesson Notes
- Nancy’s Book 2 Lesson Notes
- Build Your Own Practice Game!
- I Am a Practice Star!
ESPS Lending Library
ESPS teachers maintain lending libraries with CDs, books, and even DVDs available for families to borrow. Arrange to borrow a book or a CD from your teacher for a little inspiration!
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
- Mindset, by Carol Dweck
- The Piano Book by Larry Fine
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- My Thoughts on Piano Technique by Haruko Kataoka
- Thoughts on Suzuki Piano School by Haruko Kataoka
- Introducing Suzuki Piano, by Doris Koppleman
- A Suzuki Parents’ Diary, or How I Survived my First 10,000 Twinkles, by Carroll Morris
- The Suzuki Concept, Edited by Elizabeth Mills and Sister Therese Murphy
- Helping Parents Practice: Ideas for Making it Easier, by Ed Sprunger
- To Learn with Love, by William and Constance Starr
- Ability Development from Age Zero, by Shinichi Suzuki
- Nurtured by Love, by Shinichi Suzuki
- The Law of Ability and the “Mother Tongue Method” of Education, by Shinichi Suzuki
- Where Love is Deep by Shinichi Suzuki
Other Suzuki Groups in Edmonton
Edmonton is lucky to benefit from a strong community of Suzuki partners. Visit these links for more information about their programs.
- suzukiparent.ca – the portal to Edmonton’s Suzuki Music Community.
- Suzuki Charter School
- Edmonton Society for Talent Education
- Edmonton Suzuki Flute and Recorder Society