Our next graduation concerts is on Sunday November 25th at Muttart Hall at the Alberta College Conservatory of Music.
These concerts celebrate the musical accomplishments of our ESPS students. All of the students who perform have completed their Suzuki Piano Volume with lots of practice, listening, struggles and successes, and with help from their teacher and parents. Each student performs three pieces – some are mandatory pieces selected by ESPS teachers and some are student favourites from the volume.
Congratulations to our newest ESPS graduates!
12:45 PM – Students of Regine and Alla
2:15 PM – Students of Ruth and Nancy
3:45 PM – Students of Tess, Tim, Gail, Brad and Eleanor
NOTE: These concerts take place on the same day as the Grey Cup, and there are road closures in the downtown area. Please double check that your route is still accessible, and leave extra time to accommodate any detours!
Here are some tips for having a stress-free graduation that celebrates your student’s success:
Dress up for your graduation! This is a special occasion and students have carefully prepared for it. Jeans, T-shirts, shorts, and messy running shoes or boots are not appropriate.
- Arrive early so you do not feel rushed before performance. If you are not familiar with this area, then plan to come extra early so you are not late for the graduation.
- Invite your family and friends. Just as they are important to you, you are important to them. Share in the excitement of your accomplishment!
- Be respectful during the performances. Sit quietly and attentively during the performances. Sound carries in the hall, so whispering, paper rustling or a beeping camera can distract other guests. Should you need to leave the hall, wait until there is a break in the program. When you return, wait outside the hall until there is a break before taking your seat.
- Stay until the end of the graduation when plaques and certificates are awarded and photographs are taken.
- Stay for the reception afterwards. Enjoy some treats and savour the moment with your family and friends.